I’m not so much “too busy to blog” as I am worn out at the end of a work day. Worn out as in “spending too much time in front of a computer screen.” I thought I should check in and scatter about a few random bullet points.
- Emma’s blood sugar readings were all over the map the first two and a half weeks. I think we’re almost at the point of getting her on a fixed insulin dose and only doing the blood testing a few times a week as opposed to twice a day. Let’s just say that I’ve gotten really good at poking lancets in a cat’s ear. It’s a two person job, and I have a highly cooperative cat, but I still think it’s a marketable skill.
- Why is anyone still listening to Dick Cheney? He is utterly irrelevant and the only thing I’m even remotely interested in hearing from Dead-Eye Dick would be his testimony before the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
- I am still in my Summer-Is-Coming-and-It-Sucks depression. Our home air conditioning will more than likely be turned on later this week.
- I’m still in Sock Knitting Mode. The Lenore Socks were finished a few weeks ago; I haven’t taken any pictures of them when I’m actually wearing them, though. They are lovely and I’m completely in love with Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock (lightweight). Today, I finished Sock Number One of the Blackrose Socks and cast on Sock Number Two, using Dream in Color Smooshy in the Gothic Rose colorway:
- I’m in pain. I have terrible allergies. I’m cranky and contrary.
- I’m flying to Paris next Friday.