Subtitled: Because posting my wayward, disjunctive observations is better than posting nothing at all.
1. One of my goals for the weekend to finally, finally, FINALLY complete my body donation information for the University of Tennessee Forensic Anthropology Center. I need to send in photographs with the paperwork, and I’m wondering if I should give myself a facial beforehand.1
1(a). I think I’ve been having more fun playing around with online photo-editing than with trying to select acceptable pictures of myself to submit to UT. Click for bigger version, if only to see the tombstones on the darker background:
2. Even though I sometimes complain about how busy I am at work, I truly enjoy meeting and talking with many of my clients. I had a retired professor suggest that it would be a wonderful idea if you could designate a person in your Will who would be responsible for finishing all the unread books you have in your library when you die. This adds new meaning to the words “literary executor.”
3. Teh Husband and I bought enough Halloween candy yesterday to pacify ten busloads of preschoolers. I’m not even going to count the bags.
3(a). 29, not counting the mini Butterfingers for me and the mini Almond Joys for him.
3(b). Something tells me we will have enough chocolate in this house to last until Epiphany. The number of trick-or-treaters we get at our house is dependent upon the weather. I remember Halloween in Michigan. Sometimes we had to wear parkas over our costumes.
4. I’m knitting a pair of mittens for me.
This will eventually turn into a pair of mitered mittens. One mitten down; one to go. Thumbs are for last so I can match the colors from the leftover yarn.
The pattern is from Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitter’s Almanac,2 and I’ll do a full write up with yarn info and such when they’re finished.
5. Here’s a photo of Christopher. Just because.